Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Hi, has anyone had an issue when offered to upgrade that you didn’t receive the promised items? I upgraded in October and there were items not added which I clearly asked if it was included I.e. box sets and on demand “all on demand including virgin media” to which the agent said yes. 

then when they upgraded me it wasn’t included. I’ve been trying to get it resolved even if it means down grading but it would seems my issue is being ignored. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

Possibly the forum staff will intervene to save the day.  If not.....

Sales staff everywhere will promise anything to get the sale, that's been an issue in every company I've ever worked for.  In law, whatever the sales bod promised you is binding if you relied upon it in making your decision (Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 1, Chapter 4 section 50).  If it was given verbally given in store or at a marketing stand that is still true, but proving it may be difficult.  If it was done over the phone, then the call will have been recorded, and you can get that recording (and everything else VM have about you) by making a Subject Access Request to Virgin Media - search out their Privacy Policy for details. With the call recording, you would then be best advised to raise a formal complaint under VM's Complaints Policy (personally I'd do that by post, since VM evidently struggle with telephone communication).  If VM still won't budge, then you can escalate to the arbitration service CISAS, which costs VM money but is free to you.  With the call recording CISAS would be very likely to find in your favour.  Before you can take the complaint to arbitration, you must have formally raised a complaint with VM, and VM then have a staggering eight weeks to resolve it - or in the meantime they can agree to your request, or they can refuse and issue a deadlock letter, in which case you don't need to wait for eight weeks.

The main downside to all this is the time it takes and the effort on your part.  Maybe that's why sales people make promises they know won't be kept, and rely on the fact that most people will give up rather than stand on their legal rights and force VM to do what its staff promised.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have already raised a complaint, so will continue down this road and get the recording because it was a phone call. I on multiple occasions confirmed what the package will include

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

One tactic I have always used is to tell sales staff that you are recording their conversation in case there are any disputes in the future (even if you are not recording the conversation!). This seems to work in most cases and you will get reliable information.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos