Menu
Highlighted
Hero
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update on call centres

[REMOVED] 

Perhaps VM should pay volunteers to help out..

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update on call centres

problem is, if someone needs to call CS then it usually is because they deem it "urgent" to them.

"That’s why, for the first time ever, we’re asking that our customers work with us and only call if they have an urgent query that can’t wait."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

maybe you shouldn't share that link 🙂 it has the email it was sent to in roger@*******-wee.com

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Quite annoyed at making such a basic error. Here's the text of the message.

We’re now prioritising calls for vulnerable customers.

Hello,

As the world reacts and adapts to the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, we’re working day and night to make sure your services run smoothly. To see how we’re keeping our people and customers safe, and protecting our network, go here.

Unfortunately, virus quarantine measures have now closed some of our call centres. This is having a big impact on our customers’ waiting times, for which we’re truly sorry.

We’re currently taking steps to increase resources and make sure we answer calls as soon as we can. But it’s incredibly busy, and only getting busier.

That’s why, for the first time ever, we’re asking that our customers work with us and only call if they have an urgent query that can’t wait.

This is hard for us, and frustrating for you. We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we prioritise helping our most vulnerable customers.

In the meanwhile, please go to virginmedia.com/help for troubleshooting and support. Our web chat team is also online and ready to help.

Thanks for bearing with us, and please take care.

Lutz Schüler
CEO, Virgin Media

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps VM should pay volunteers to help out.

What?  Like they pay us for helping out here regularly, on account of their customer service being a steaming pile of ordure under normal circumstances? (Visual FX: Andruser checks bank account for the regular Virgin Media payment of ZILCH, and sure enough has been paid zilch).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd be incentivised to do 8-hour shifts at unsociable hours if VM paid me.

--
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call center work can be pretty tedious, esp. with all of those quotas you have to hit and the floor walkers patrolling about like vultures. I look at that kind of job role as a 'love it or hate it' role. But if you love it, you love it 🙂

I'm personally glad that I re-contracted before corona hit, they were looking to add a £16 price increase onto my £30/month contract when I could get the same speed for £21 a month, with no price increases from TalkTalk.