cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get through on 150 to cancel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to cancel my VM package and giving 30 days notice from today. I get kept on hold for around 1 hour 10 minutes then the line goes dead. Has happened several times. Trying again now on hold .

Is this normal or am I having a bad day with VM 150 option 4 ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jill10 

The best time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jill10 

The best time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your reply. I eventually got through and could barely understand the VM advisor. Terrible noisy office background noise too. They transferred me to someone else which took over 30 minutes on hold. They did not try much to give me new offers. They finally got the message that I was giving notice to leave. Now nearly 24 hours later I have not even had a confirmation email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. If my cancellation and leaving does not go smoothly I will definitely be letting Ofcom know.

SH3user
Superfast

Took me approx 1 hour on the phone today but my late mothers account will be closed after 30 days. My account is next due to the poor customer service.