cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Themed Channels (FAST channels)

glynnm3
Joining in

Anybody figured out a way to turn these off yet. You can't channel lock them and I have wasted hours getting sucked into their void by waiting to long to switch through them, They are a pain.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned whether you're using a V6 or a TV360.

TiVo-software (on a V6) allow you set favourites, TV360 allows you to create profiles.. but you can't remove any channel from the programme guide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So the way to eliminate 14 unwanted (and unsubscribed) channels is to create a new, non standard list and add 300+ channels instead? This sounds like a programmer's answer. Anyway, creating a profile on my V6 box running TV360 software creates all new channel numbers making VM channel printed channel guide irrelevant.

What I really want to be able to do is lock them out (or get them turned off at source) , that way I can gracefully ignore them and they wont stop me browsing up and down channels because I paused too long and it fired up a streaming service I dont want.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous answer stands, and there's also no such thing as a "V6 box running TV360", that's a bit like saying "My Windows 10 laptop running Windows 11".

You can't remove channels from the EPG or remove them at source. Just ignore them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks