cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truly Terrible Service

cfarrelly
Just joined

Has anyone else had the awful experience of cancelling their broadband service within the period permitted by contract and then being hounded by customer service calls, during all of which assurances were given that no charges would be made only then to receive a letter claiming the payment has been missed? And then, to top off the dreadful experience, spending over 20 minutes to try and speak to someone only then to be cut off by the person in the call centre. Have spent in total about 2 hours of my time trying to deal with this. Without a doubt my worst customer experience in years.....

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Ofcom are monitoring VM cancellations https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What kind of cancellation are you trying to process? A cancellation in a 14 day cooling off period or a cancellation at the end of a minimum (18 month?) term or something else?

citycash
Tuning in

Wow, are you saying that Virgin actually called you, You should be honoured, Most of the time you can't even get in touch with them by phone 

TableTop
Up to speed

The only, only time that VM will condescend to call a customer is when they have already given notice to cancel and VM start the process of desperately trying to keep them.

Other than that, forget it.

’A manager will call you back’, ‘I’ve logged your issue with tech support and they will call you back within 24 hours/48 hours/one week, etc.’ all lies, it just doesn’t happen and is simply a rouse to get you off the phone. Been going on for years, the chances of it getting any better are zero.