Menu
uselessvm
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of leaving VM

Been here for over 25 yrs and at present on their 200mb + with unlimited calls & basic TV. Told my contract expired 2018. Now paying £57 a month and all VM can reduce my bill to is £54 a month.

Just me and the wife in the house.  

200mb + with unlimited calls is ok for a house full of kids.

Asked them to reduce to 100mb. They can't do this.......

I've started moving my ntlworld email contacts addresses to a non isp

Anyone suggest another BB provider or other solutions.......

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thinking of leaving VM

any openreach ISP will be able to supply you with an "up to" 80Mbps connection, shop around plenty to choose from.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might get a better offer from an outbound retention call after you've served notice of cancellation, but the comments in the forum suggest that VM are nothing like as persistent as they used to be in this respect, so banking on this is a risky strategy.  Even if the call comes, if you're in a marketing segment that VM regard as "price tolerant" then they may still only offer a paltry discount.  These days it seems that discounts also involve an 18 month fixed term contract (which is big bit crap given VM's exorbitant early termination charges) so factor that into your assessment of what to do, along with the fact that VM have "missed out" on this year's inflation busting annual price hike, so we can expect a big increase in 2021 (and your discount is an absolute amount, so you'll still get hit for VM's price hikes)

If you decide you're changing ISP, then there's some excellent smaller ISPs - my personal favourite is Zen Internet, but AAISP, Aquiss, uno, and IDnet all have similar or better customer ratings.  If you go with shysters like Sky/Now or Talktalk, then you'll have a similarly poor offshore customer service experience, after the UK based sales team have locked you into a contract.

Whoever you think of signing up with, before you commit, check out a few pages of customer feedback on Trustpilot, and the company's overall score (and perhaps contrast that with Virgin Media's ratings as a benchmark).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
uselessvm
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys....

All food for thought.........

0 Kudos
uselessvm
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200mb

Ofcom site speed checked just now at 84.5mb

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, sorry for the lower speeds than expected. Can you please advise how are you testing wired/wireless and what devices? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos