cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Leaving

teamfloyduk
Superfast

Hi,

I've just spent a few wasted hours on the phone and chat about the possibility of getting my broadband and Sim package reduced to the price I was paying last month.

The best they could offer was £43 a month for Broadband and sim with 02.

I currently have a 5GB sim Oomph  and M125 Broadband, I was paying £31 up until this month when it increaced to £40.41.

Looking at the offers to new customers they can get M125 Broadband only for £26 a month on18 month deal.

I've seen Broadband deals faster than the M125 with Vodafone fibre for £26 per month.

I dont want a 02 Sim there are so many deals around for Sim only.

My contract ends in July, can I just request the PAC code and get a Sim with someone else and just cancel the whole package with Virginmedia?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes you can ask them for a PAC code providing there is no separate contract outstanding on the phone. Shop around for the best deal, but remember that not all the networks give the same service. EE currently has the best coverage, but you might get better deals on other providers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you can give them 30 days notice when your contract ends.  When they receive that you may give a phone call with a better offer, but don't count on it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jpeg1

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that next week my contract ends July 3. 

So if I manage to get a deal that's acceptable on the broadband only (With no SIM) do I just ask for PAC code Via virgin mobile and find a new SIM only with someone else? I don't want a 02 contract, I just want a cheap 30 day rolling contract.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes you can ask them for a PAC code providing there is no separate contract outstanding on the phone. Shop around for the best deal, but remember that not all the networks give the same service. EE currently has the best coverage, but you might get better deals on other providers. 

- jpeg1

Hi again, I've managed to negotiate a decent deal for Volt M250 and it puts my speed up from M125. 

Quick question I was told to just reboot the hub and the new speed would be applied straight away, but I've done that and its still the same. How long does it normally take to be applied please?