cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ongoing new customer v existing customer contract renewal annoyances

Woodentom
Tuning in

I am sure this has been mentioned many times and i have read through the forum. My contract is coming up for renewal and yesterday (first call) i was offered £52 for the same deal i am on (last bill was £55). 

On the website as a new customer i can have double the speed and probably more channels for £39.50…….but i am not allowed that

i thought i would try again today for call two went to their i assume India centre and the best they could offer was £56, not even the same as yesterday…….they also commented that i was a loyal customer of 13 yrs +.

i rejected their offer as they couldn’t even match yesterdays number and they kept discrediting the website offer…..do they think we are stupid or something

this situation is totally ridiculous and as others have said, loyalty means nothing

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The idea of loyalty does not feaure in the equation. VM wants to extract as much money as possible from its customers. VM's customers want to pay as little as possible for the maximum amount of services.

Put in your cancellation and leave VM for another supplier. You may get a better offer from VM 'retentions' (but no guarantee you will get such a call). It is advised to have marketing options on in MVM to permit the retentions call.

If you do leave, and then return to VM, you will get 'new' customer pricing once again.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

<SNIP> If you do leave, and then return to VM, you will get 'new' customer pricing once again.

I have done this, albeit I had to come back again (long story). But after being away for just over 3 months, I was a "new" customer and got faster broadband and it was below half the price I was paying before I left.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What did you do for a connection during the three months? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Used a 4G SIM based mini wifi router, and my own existing networking kit.  A tad slower, but still workable.  However, I only use VM for Broadband, nothing else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks