Menu
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The good ol' days

It may actually interest you that I actually didn't join VM. My wife tells me that when we got the local cable firm to lay the cable it was called NTL then.

And as we partially remember some 20+ years ago that NTL had a UK based customer services based I believe here in good ol' Coventry UK

and then VM moved in, so if you think I joined VM they joined me. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The good ol' days

and..off the subject here but fyi, my avatar is an Apulian ( Grecia Magna) redware kylix glaux ( Glaux=owl, the a symbol of Athena) cica middle 3rd century BC. At  a Greek citizens funeral ( albeit a Greek Colonists funeral) during the services a ceremonial swig of watered down wine was drunk from this bowl by the celebrants and carefully deposited as a grave good.

I told you I did material culture studies and not VM customer services studies

This was to provide some light relief of my apparant insoluble problem. and don't get me started on Athenian stanaphophores

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Johnny65 and don't get me started on Athenian stanaphophores

You keep on referring to these, so actually yes, I'd like to get you started.  In no more than 800 characters, can you explain what these are, a few basics about the history, what relevance they have to the rest of us, and thus leave us better educated about the world?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Johnny65_0-1624905006829.jpegJohnny65_1-1624905027924.jpeg Mass classic Athenian tetradrachm owl c 454-405BC c 17.2 gm c 23/4 mm. Dumpy, often ill struck, archaic or crude design. This a a good example most are incredibily badly struck on crude planchets..

Johnny65_2-1624905285262.png This is an Athenian tetradrachm of the very first issue of c 164 BC that replaced the dumpy crude earlier coins...suddenly an artistic and politcal change that started c 180 in Asia Minor gave rise to c 30mm, better struck coins of better or new propaganist reverse types that advertised the minting polis, and originally at full mweight c 17g reduced to c 16.80 gm. Many local coins from of this transformation exhibit the Stephanophore-a crown of leaves , in this case olve, in a wreath.( my coin)

Johnny65_3-1624905827152.png

From the polis of Kyme in asia minor c 140's BC ( Mine)

Johnny65_4-1624905934788.png

From Myrina asia minor c150's BC (Mine)

ENJOY!

Tags (1)