Menu
Bengie
Superfast
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

That;s a lot of money

Just looking at the amount of subscribers Virgin has and if we round it down to say 3 million and multiply that by even a low figure of £50 per subscription that equals £150,000,000 per month income.

Now that is a lot of money so let's spend some on customer service and getting the country upgraded to 1 gig.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: That;s a lot of money

and the bost of network gear, Staff wages and ground works.

Plus tv customers 90% of the money goes to the license holders for TV deals.

Selling a service doesn;t = 100% provit
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't suggesting that it was all profit, I know there are overheads but it's still a lot per month
and someone is getting a nice paypacket from it.
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Further to the above:

From the Telegraph

The company behind the broadband provider Virgin Media has awarded its chief executive a pay package worth more than $123m (£101m), catapulting him into the upper ranks of the world’s best-paid bosses....

That works out at £8.5 million per month.  That is disgusting and indecent. What exactly does he do to earn anywhere near that.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

owns a company that can pay him that 🙂

VM is a business after all. and if people keep paying them they will keep doing what they are doing.
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

He don't own it, he is the CEO, even the owner doesn't deserve that much each month.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

thats up to the company to decide. plenty of people make money they don't deserve. if it bothers you all you can do is stop paying towards it and leave
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

So you agree that someone should get £8.5 million per month for nothing, you can't even spend that much money.

It's disgusting and even giving up £1 million would bring a lot of customer service staff and wouldn't be missed.

About time the government brought back 98% tax for these people.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

sure that should. Just because they have money you want to take it from them. I assume you are a VM customer so you are paying him.

I stopped maying for TV because i don't want to give the BBC anything. Maybe its tome you took action
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Oh sure, my stopping my subscription and going to some amateur company like Sky would really hurt him.

Why are you arguing, you can't surely believe he (or anyone) is worth that much ?

0 Kudos