Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tax Rebate

I thought this might amuse a few of you.

I had a call from HMRC telling me that I had overpaid my tax and am due a refund.  I said "oh that's nice, how much?" and she said about £1,000.

I said "That's great but actually I don't need it as I just won the lottery".  She said "YOU WHAT?"  so I repeated it and asked if she would like some.  "Well of course", she replied "yes please".  I asked how much she would like and suggested £20,000.

Well she was over the moon so I said "Ok, it's yours, just give me your card number and pin number and I will transfer it.

She said a word I wouldn't understand that began with 'F' and slammed the phone down on me.  Now wasn't that rude of her.

I like to have them on and can't resist it.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tax Rebate

Nice story, but you really ought to edit the first line of the second paragraph as the caller was claiming to be from HMRC.

HMRC would never make such a call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tax Rebate

You're right, I should have said 'claiming to be' edit has been disabled now but thanks Graham.
0 Kudos