Menu
stevey21
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV not getting signal when moved to ordinary arial after using Tivo

Moved Tv to another room after upgrading Tv with Tivo box 

Old Tv was working fine with Tivo but am now unable to get a signal with ordinary arial in another room

Other TVs are working fine with the ordinary arial and TV works fine when moved back and reconnected to Tivo box

Very frustrated as I don't want to bin a good TV

Any ideas

Thanks

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV not getting signal when moved to ordinary arial after using Tivo

ok firstly virgin doesn't use an ordinary aerial cable, so i assume the TV you are having a problem with isn't trying to use virgin TV?

if your TV works fine using an ordinary aerial connection elsewhere then the only issue can be with the aerial connection at the location where it does't work.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all virgin TV boxes must have a coaxial cable connected to them, they don't work from an ariel, that will only supply freeview which is nothing to do with virgin. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can’t just plug a TV into a rooftop aerial it has never used before & expect it to work straight away.

With the aerial plugged in access the TVs setup menu & look for the tuning menu. If you see “Digital” or “DVB” select this one. Select the option for “autotune” or similar. Once you set this off it will scan for Freeview channels, which will take about 3 minutes. You should then be able to use the set with Freeview. If no channels are found then suspect the aerial connection is at fault.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nik_52
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also, the freeview channel 'frequencies' have recently been 'churned'. I've had to re-tune our 'free to air' kitchen-TV multiple times in recent months as channels were re-arranged. For a week or two, I was even getting pixellated 'fringe' signal from BBC's mid-Wales transmitter rather than 'clear' from 'Winter Hill'...

Please note that, with all the bad weather we've had, aerial and/or down-lead may have been damaged. Thrown off alignment, filled with damp, whatever. If the 'Usual Four' are pixellated, check the 'News 24' group up at 231~~235, as several seem to have stronger signals...
0 Kudos