cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street trench repair looks dreadful

larril1711
Tuning in

Virgin Media have spent last week and again today digging trenches in my housing estate.  We received no notification of intended work and it caused endless disruption when trying to leave for work or school pick ups.   Now we are left with a very “ugly” patch repair right through the cul de sac.   Who is responsible for fixing it properly?   As it stands, it’s unsightly in what is a well looked after development.  

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post some pictures?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will post pics later today …. It’s raining now so will wait until it dries up.  Thanks for your quick reply.  

E86D1DFE-7564-47EA-828C-05DB865DB9E4.jpeg

94672E5A-AC71-482E-BE78-4B6E070ECF47.jpeg

D7CAD25D-49EE-45F0-91F7-89F2083D6D83.jpeg

This isn't that bad compared to what we endured round here in the early 1990's when cable TV/landlines were trendy.  If it's done to council specs, I would imagine that there isn't much you can do (apart from waiting 'tll the council resurface the road, or pay for it yourself) and "unsightly" isn't really cause for complaint.  

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

I didn’t think that the council resurfacing the road would ever be an option.  My assumption is that they blame VM and VM say it’s council issue.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm minded to agree with the other posters, in questioning whether this is an "issue" that needs fixing.

Are there any road safety hazards caused by this? I suspect not, and there's nothing inherently wrong with a street repair being unsightly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks like temporary surface fill. The infill below it may settle. It may be after a few days the contractor will return with hot asphalt to finish it off level. Putting the top level on straight away would result in the finished asphalt cracking & collapsing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993