Menu
dgillies
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Street is being cabled but doesnt show in postcode checker

My street is in the process of being cabled for virgin media services (by Keir) however when i check the virgin media postcode checker for my address (and several others in the street) it still says not available?  How long typically does it take for new connections to be accepted after cable is laid?

Appreciate any responses. Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Street is being cabled but doesnt show in postcode checker

Hello

As soon as the developer has handed over the install to Virginmedia and VM has installed the necessary hardware in the cabinets, I take it this is a new build.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dgillies
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike

No not a new build, my house (and entire housing estate) is approximately 20 years old. 

It looks like our entire housing estate is being done, probably over 1000 homes, as I see trench digging in several streets near me. Looking through the forums a bit more it seems like the timeframe from cable installation to activation can vary widely and is dependent on a number of factors. I called the VM sales team and they said 18 months , but that seems a bit long given the cables are being laid now.

I'll keep checking the postcode checker anyway. Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I certainly understand, cabling is the first part of the process, there will additional hardware needed, if it is entire estate then potentially green boxes will need installing with the relevant hardware. If you register with the site it will let you know closer when it will be available.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
auriusas
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My neighbours in the same street have got virgin media but on postcode checker for my house it said unavailable in your area? it is 21-century and in London, I never thot that can happen when I moved in ???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos