Menu
nepilim22
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no service (TV channels)

So it's now 17:21. There is still no virgin media TV channels!! It's not a good service for a customer with or without young children. Can I assume there will be a reduction in the monthly bill? I'm in the Derby area and it's been like this since 10:20, this morning. Maybe there is a way to claim against this incident? My contract is for renewal shortly, certainly giving me food for thought on my desition on whether to renew or not. 

0 Kudos
chenks76
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no service (TV channels)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/National-TV-Outage/td-p/4877465

as for refund, only if the fault is in place for at least 48 hours would you be entitled to automatic compensation.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No compensation for the TV service, it’s only applicable to broadband. I believe this is the first national outage for VM TV in over 10 years. Most peoples TV these days have a FreeView tuner built in, so you can still watch something.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

No compensation for the TV service, it’s only applicable to broadband. I believe this is the first national outage for VM TV in over 10 years. Most peoples TV these days have a FreeView tuner built in, so you can still watch something.

FreeView requires an aerial in order to receive the signal.  Not every property has one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not every property has one.” Very true, but like with everything I always have a backup. I would never think of running a business from home without a backup device for broadband, same goes for TV, particularly if you have a wife and children who must watch their favourite programmes.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If broadband is working there is a bunch of apps available such as BBC iPlayer and YouTube to keep you occupied.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos