Menu
cmac35
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still charged for Broadband but cancelled during cooling off period

I signed up for Broadband last month but then changed my mind and cancelled well within the cooling off period. I never actually used the service or activated the hub and a member of the Virgin team has since collected the hub. I received a bill recently for £295.27 but contacted Virgin who said it was a mistake and they would sort it out. They are now saying I owe them £55.27. I thought if you cancel during the cooling off period that you do not have to pay anything. I don't want to pay as I don't see why I am being charged and it is very difficult to contact them by phone these days. Do I actually owe them anything or is this a mistake?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still charged for Broadband but cancelled during cooling off period

if you cancelled in the 14 day period and they have received the hub back then afaik you owe them nothing - staff here should confirm that but i dont think they will be able to do more than that

you need to contact the accounts people - phone is the best way as difficult as that is at the moment

Tony
0 Kudos
taximan438
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi you will find virgin media don’t listen to you or don’t even care about you as they are a bunch of incompetent call handlers who can’t even lie straight in bed at night. You will just batter your head off the wall and still get no where. 

0 Kudos
cmac35
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I phoned them this morning and was told that despite the fact I phoned to cancel on 16th April the actual disconnection date was 30th April which makes no sense and sounds like a bit of a con. Surely the date you tell them you want to cancel is the date that counts for the purposes of a cooling off period. The lady then said she was putting me on hold and that I would then be transferred to their accounts department, at which point I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then cut off. I have no intention of paying it but I'm getting letters saying if I don't pay further action will be taken and as I am currently out of work I could have done without the additional stress. I may leave it a couple of days before phoning them again.

0 Kudos