Menu
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So many Hub4 selling on ebay

Just noticed recently lot of later Hub4 appearing on ebay.

I appreciate they are property of Virgin therefore considered as stolen goods. But I thought a replacment hub needs to be activated to account before they can be used.

So curious why these Hubs are exchanging hands for anything between £100 to £200.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: So many Hub4 selling on ebay

@sayekm wrote:

Just noticed recently lot of later Hub4 appearing on ebay.

I appreciate they are property of Virgin therefore considered as stolen goods. But I thought a replacment hub needs to be activated to account before they can be used.

So curious why these Hubs are exchanging hands for anything between £100 to £200.

ignorant buyers i suspect.

hubs do need to be activated, and VM won’t activate one that htey haven’t supplied.

0 Kudos
Nick451
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi this is Nick451virginmedia tech

These will definitely not work unless activated by us if you want services from us you can message me I can save you money$

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Nick451 wrote:

Hi this is Nick451virginmedia tech

These will definitely not work unless activated by us if you want services from us you can message me I can save you money$

how can you save me money and how can it be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - am i wrong in that we use ££££££££££££££££

Tony
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

think it's a little unprofessional for virgin forum staff to be hocking their referrals around.
it may give the potential customer a deal, but it's also benefitting the virgin staff member financially too - i assume they are being paid to do work here, so to try and get referral benefits seems a tad cheeky at best, unprofessional at worst.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Z92
Super solver
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Why would you buy one from ebay when VM provide them for free? 

Even more curious, the people putting these on ebay, don't they need them for themselves? and if it because of end of contract, surely you get charged if you do not return them? 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

just had an interesting exchange with one of the sellers - he has upgraded to a business package they told him to dispose of it as he wanted - recycle or sell as VM did not want it back

obviously that was the installer from the business side - dont know how that stacks up with domestic wanting kit returning and charging if is not

Tony
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate they are property of Virgin therefore considered as stolen goods. 

Not usually "stolen".  If VM don't want a piece of kit back, it's down to the customer to dispose as they see fit.  If VM want it back (as the do for Hub 3s and 4s) and the customer doesn't return it, the customer gets charged for it, in which case it is then their property, even it is only an expensive doorstop.   

Because some fools believe that (a) they will work when plugged in and (b) it will on its own either enable 1 Gbps speeds, or resolve over-utilisation problems.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Another seller says "Virgin asked us to send this hub back but they never sent the returns label and it’s been sat for 6 months so decided to sell it.", which sounds typical of Virgin, but still their properly in the end and the seller may be charged far more than they'll get for it by selling the thing. 

I see another says "Works faster and more coverage than hub 3", so I can see why people are buying them to see if they can improve speeds. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

hard to tell who the bigger idiot is in the transaction, the seller or the buyer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos