Menu
Christine52
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Shared cable

Is an engineer installing broadband to my neighbour allowed to open my connector box and ‘piggy back’/spur off it for their house?.

FC989AB9-C135-4976-8DF2-4811A7346802.jpeg

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shared cable

For all practical purposes, yes.  It doesn't degrade your connection or available bandwidth, and as it's their network, they can do (almost) what they like so long as they provide you with the service you are paying for.  At a very, very picky level you might try to claim that they should have sought permission to operate across your property, but looking at the pic I don't think that really counts as a substantive complaint, do you? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Christine52
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shared cable

Ok- and he did knock the door & ask my teenage son if it was ok to do so, so I have no complaints (IF the service isn’t compromised in any way) but since he accessed the box, we’ve been left with no channels! Really peed off to say the least! Been on the phone to Virgin several times & they’ve got me access to the recorded items now - but no channels & it won’t connect to our internet now! 🤬🤬 Terrible engineer! He should’ve checked all was still fine on our side before leaving!

0 Kudos