Menu
BristolCity1464
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Service change

So I received an email from VM saying I’d changed my services (I hadn’t). I received another saying my download speed was gonna be reduced & my included unlimited oomph sim withdrawn but only a marginal price reduction. On speaking to VM it turns out I’ve been paying £27 a month for an extra sim when I didn’t need to as it was part of my oomph package. On closer inspection this has been happening for over a year & now I’ve overpaid by £400+. Anyone else had this. I’ve filled out a complaint but in spite of promising to get back to me after 48 hours (it’ll take 28 days yes 28 to sort out). That’s ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service change

complaints can take up to 28 days to repsond to (as per the complaints process documentation).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
BristolCity1464
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes but the complaints process documents also say they’ll acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 48 hours.  

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

48 hours to acknowlege receipt, 28 days to respond.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...

are you saying you've not had a receipt of the complaint being successfully submitted (via the methods listed in the code of practice)?

0 Kudos
BristolCity1464
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Exactly. Even though it was sent.

28 days is ridiculous anyway. That’s not great customer service to allow a complaint to go unanswered/unresolved for 28 days. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"up to" 28 days.

0 Kudos
BristolCity1464
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think you’re being very pedantic. “Up to 28 days” is not great customer service. If it takes 5-10 maybe that’s ok but to allow yourself “up to 28 days” to resolve a customer complaint is self indulgent & puts the customer 2nd if that’s the length of time needed to resolve an issue. 
Are you able to help or just bored. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

not pedantic, just accurate.
they say it can take them up to 28 days to respond, not that it will take them 28 days to respond.
at no point did i comment on whether it was good customer service or not, simply that the timescale is what is listed in the code of practice.

you said "not great customer service to allow a complaint to go unanswered/unresolved for 28 day", which suggest they wait for the full 28 days, that's not what they are saying.

what help are you requiring at the moment? your opening post didn't ask for help, it just reported what you had encountered.

the only issue at the moment appears that no acknowledgement has been received within 48 hours of the complaint being raised. so to help with that the following information would be required for someone to look into it

1) how did you raise the complaint
2) what date/time did you raise the complaint.

0 Kudos
BristolCity1464
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think you’ll find the OP DIDNT ask for comments on the 28 days. It did however ask if anyone else had experience of this. I offered MY opinion on the 28 days. 

So am I right in thinking you cannot help resolve this (only reiterating VM self indulgent blurb) & this hasn’t happened to you. If you are going to summarise the OP the least you could do is get it right. 

If this hasn’t happened to you then simply jog on  

Great help.