Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scam calls

Just checking that Virgin have nothing to do with BT Open Reach & do not use their network. Have had 4 calls wanting to check my internet speed/ router or resolve problems. Sure it is a scam & I don't play ball.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Scam calls

You're 100% right.  But be aware there's been reports of scam calls and texts purporting to be from VM.  All the usual stuff about "need to upgrade your hub", or "your last payment has not been processed", "you are about to have your internet cut off".

Sadly, due to industry and regulatory sloth and incompetence in blocking these calls, emails and texts (and weak enforcement that doesn't pursue the perpetrators vigorously and effectively), we now live in a world where it is broadly true that if you aren't expecting a call you should let it divert to a voicemail, and should you answer the phone to somebody you don't know (or any robot-voice crap) then you need to assume that it is criminals trying to part you from your data or your money.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Scam calls

Hi you are right virgin have nothing to do with BT any calls of this nature simply hang up, or if you are in mischievous mood string them along with out giving any personal details. Regards Micky