Menu
stockwelljohn67
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rocking Dropped Manhole Cover

Hi,

first post here but wondering if anyone can assist with the above. We live on a major London Red Bus Route (London SW9) for the best part of a year now we’ve been trying in vain to get the rocking Virgin Media CATV Manhole cover repaired. We’ve established that’s in Virgins responsibility to repair after reporting this first of all to TFL ans they say it’s definitely Virgin Media’s responsibility. I live with my young family in my elderly mothers house. She had three long term lodgers all in their 70’s. My mum is 88. The horrendous noise this rocking manhole cover is now causing is unbearable! The whole house literally shakes when the busses go over it. This is 24/7 as it’s a major London Bus Red Route. We have tried and tried with TFL but they say it’s both their responsibility but Virgin Media. Apparently they say they have passed our complaints over to their section 21 Department but nobody has done anything and as I’ve mentioned it’s now been best part of a year. Nobody in the house can sleep properly and I am concerned for my elderly mothers health and the other elderly gentleman who live in the house. Not to mention the possible damage the heavy vibration and what damage this might be causing the house which is a semi detached and built 1884.

please can anyone help us ans point is in the right direction?

Thank you
John

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rocking Dropped Manhole Cover

you'll need to provide the exact location of said road cover

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They won't do it. If suitable wack in a wooden wedge but make sure top is flush with road surface. Good luck with it.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi as a another poster has said provide the exact location post code and any adjoining roads, as this is a public forum don't post your address, hopefully a virgin person will request via a private message your personal details, i hope you have luck with this as its extremely annoying, I will flag this for a moderator to respond. Regards Micky
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

is it this one?

Screenshot 2020-09-30 161523.jpg

or this one

Screenshot 2020-09-30 161645.jpg

0 Kudos
Dan_M
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @stockwelljohn67,

I've moved the post where you detail the exact location to our dedicated blog post about street equipment. This will now be picked up and sent to the team to be rectified. I apologise for any inconvenience caused up to this point.

Many thanks,
Dan_M

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dan_M
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @stockwelljohn67,

If you have a picture to help us identify the problem chamber that would help as there are 3 along that route and some aren't ours.

Many thanks,
Dan_M

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Dan_M wrote:
If you have a picture to help us identify the problem chamber that would help as there are 3 along that route and some aren't ours.

it's most likely the one i've circled that looks damaged

stockwelljohn67
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

654352CE-FB59-466D-BE72-C3AB2BE6B115.jpeg

0 Kudos
stockwelljohn67
Tuning in