Menu
delboy99
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Roadside elecrical box

I have spent some time this morning try to report a damaged roadside box belonging  to Virgin Media. It is situated Edwin Road Wilmington Kent.The Company has no number to contact on this issue. It is a Health and Safety  matter as it involves broken doors and exposed LIVE wiring It is also next to the footpath that leads into the Primary School. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP.

I would also point out that another of your boxes, situated on the corner of BARN END CLOSE, (near the village shop)  Wilmington Kent appears to be held shut by brown sticky parcel tape.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roadside elecrical box

if it's an immediate H&S issue then the correct course of to report it to the council, who will then do what is required to make it safe in the short term before a full repair can take place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello delboy99

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to the roadside cabinet.

If you could confirm the cabinet reference or the exact location of the cabinet we can get this raised to be attended and secured as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
delboy99
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your prompt response. Situated near to the footpath leading to Wilmington Primary school in Edwin Road DA2 7DE 

Regards

Derek

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you delboy99.

I have raised this with the team who manage and maintain the cabinets to be attended as soon as possible to be repaired and  secured. 

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us and make us aware of this.

Rob

0 Kudos
delboy99
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roadside elecrical box Edwin Road Wilmington Kent

Edwin Road WilmingtonEdwin Road WilmingtonDamaged Cabine Edwin Road WilmingtonDamaged Cabine Edwin Road Wilmington

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Although it should certainly not be like that, there is no mains voltage in that box, so in no fear of electrocution. Boxes which have mains supply are usually marked externally with the normal warning symbols and have vents on the side or top.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
delboy99
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Noted -when do you think it will be repaired ?

Apart from being unsightly if interfered with it would effect services provided to Customers..

Cllr Derek Hunnisett

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi delboy99. I wouldn't expect it to take more than a few days, if you can keep us posted on this we'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
delboy99
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do -thanks

Derek

0 Kudos