cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Offers

claus1
Joining in

Hi!

I'm honestly probably not going to go with VM again after cancelling due to the fiasco I had last time trying to get them to charge me the right amount with my previous retention offer, but I cancelled with the intent of moving to a different provider, got a call from retentions and the best they could do was offer me their 1Gbps plan (that I currently have) for £46 a month, instead of the £50 I currently pay.

I've seen reports on here of people getting offers for this plan for less than 30 quid a month. What gives? Have they tightened up their retention offers?

I mean the offer they made is ridiculous, I wouldn't even have taken it as a new plan, and I'm in an area where there are a lot of options, not just VM.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

On the face of it £46 seems okay to me as the best deal I have found for newbies is 18*£43 via perks at work. However given you are in a competitive location I agree that you might have expected a keener post-cancellation retention offer. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have a very good idea of their competitors in any given area, and extra discounts are likely to be offered where disgruntled customers have alternatives.

Where no such alternatives exist, there's no basis for extra discounting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ILuvNips
Rising star

I too have been going round the retention merry go round and got sick of it especially seeing the deals that some are getting on HotUKDeals!

I finally decided to move after being with VM for some 27 or more years. This for me is a monumental change, think I was last this worried back in 2004 when I handed back my company car and decided to get my own, there was some real arse clenching when I did this as I’d been in a company car for something like 15 years but it was a change for the best.

So my advice, work out what you actually need in terms of service and speed then check what is available around your area and what deals, check places like TopCashback and Quidco for referral cashback. With most people now having mobiles with lots of data I’m personally not worried about the switchover or teething issues then decide if you want to make the leap.

For me the biggest headache has been to move all my emails from the ntlworld.com address I am using over but most I’ve been able to do online, for others I’ve raised requests to get the email changed, so a headache but once this has been done then it’s a change for the best as it makes thing non dependant. 

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞