cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal and Cancellation of Contract

Shaza1
Joining in

Hi,

I was dreading renewal negotiations this year again, as I did not wish to invest hours on the phone, like last time, but had hoped things had improved.Unfortunately I think the service is even worse than before!
I firstly spoke with the renewal team who quoted over £130 per month to renew the contract, from £52.40, yes that is correct what a massive increase! I advised I would not be renewing so was passed to the cancellation department, the figure reduced to around £85, which was still too expensive so I gave instructions to cancel the contract from renewal the 10.10.23, the operative advised me not to cancel the landline until I had decided if a new supplier was to take this over.

On reflection the next day I decided to phone and check the cost, it had increased again! I decided then to just go ahead and cancel the landline aswell. As you may have guessed I had the pleasure of being transferred to disconnections, who tried to persuade me to keep the landline, the operative questioned why I had not arranged a new supplier, stating I could do it now. I explained I was time limited but he persisted with this line of questioning, which is totally unacceptable. I trust virgin media can listen to this call and offer some training, the call commenced around 12:50 and I eventually had to hang up at around 1.30 pm. One would think the operative would phone me back, as he originally stated it was a 10 minute job, but alas no. I am therefore assuming I have met my contractual obligations and all services will cease from the 10.10.23.

I would very much like the virgin media customer experience team to reach out to me to discuss the issues raised and explain why they feel their staff can interrogate customers as to how they use their time, this is intrusive and totally unacceptable.

I have been a long standing customer of virgin media but onto pastures new, in the hope that other providers can offer a good customer service.

Anyone else encountered this?

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you wish to cancel VM (with no further discussion or negotiation) you can do so by giving your 30 days notice in writing

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed for delivery service for proof of delivery.

You can share your hopeless cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.