Menu
mmciver
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Removal of a Junction Box

Hi all,

I have a green junction box at the bottom of my garden and want to know who I need to contact in regards to getting it moved. I want to make my drive bigger so I can get my car on it as parking is a nightmare. I've already spoken to BT and they said it was the property of Virgin and to contact you. I am a Virgin customer. 

Many thanks for your response in advance. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of a Junction Box

Hello

I am afraid to get the box moved will cost in excess of £10's of thousands to get removed which you will have to factor in when getting your drive extended, these boxes are placed with the permission of the local council on public land. The costs are quite high as having to move not just the box but all the cabling that is associated, getting a new wayleave, compensating all houses that have an activate connection to the box etc.

VM tend to not move boxes unless there is a Health and Safety issue.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bad news is that it's unlikely you will get it moved.
at best it'll cost you thousands for a survey to be carried out, and if virgin agreed to move it the cost would be in the tens of thousands, which you would need to pay for.

bottom line is, it won't get moved.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Read other threads on here related to this, put a simple search in moving virgins street cabinets, when you moved there was the box already there which I suspect, you have no chance
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mmciver, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you're experiencing with your parking.  I do need to advise, that Virgin Media or one of the companies it took over, would have sought and received permission from your local authority to place the cabinet in its current location.  For reasons already given by our fantastic community members, we would not be looking to relocate that cabinet.  I am really sorry.

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos