Menu
dl28
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Remote learning

I am a teacher who’s teaching children via remote learning. I pay for m600 broadband. It has been impossible teaching the students live lessons as the Virgin broadband is so unreliable. I have had to pass my lessons over to my colleague. He has bt broadband receiving 50mbps without a problem. Very disappointing and frustrating. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote learning

Nothing will be done as your post is in the wrong section; as it stands, it's just a complaint.   If you require help from folks on here you'll need to provide more detail (such as how are you doing the remote learning, livestreaming video, if you're connecting to the school's network etc).

First course of action is to check the service status in your area to see if there's any faults causing problems, using the link at the top right of the page.

Second course of action is to log in to your router http://192.168.0.1/  then Check router status (no need to log in to it), and then posting (copy and paste) the following numbers (anything identifying will be stripped out automatically):

• Downstream
  • Upstream
  • Network Log

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to advise you what to do next and possibly move it so you do get a reply.  Note that it can take time get a response off mods.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
0 Kudos