cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent price increases

IanC1979
Joining in

Hi

I recently received the email suggesting I was subject to what I believe was a 21% price increase. I understand the reasons, etc and my ability to cancel, etc, so contacted virgin via the chat function. On this, I was advised the increase didn't affect me but I don't understand why and it was never properly explained. If this is the case, I don't understand why I received the email. I've struggled to find any similar information on this so was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar and whether this is correct.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending upon when a customer last renegotiated a deal with VM or joined VM they may not be hit with the April/May 2023 price rises until their current (if any) discounted period ends.

Apart  from this years price increase VM is also changing it's terms and conditions.

The communication also advises that from April/May next year customers will be unable to cancel without paying early termination fees if they are still in contract and are affected by the annual price rise which will be RPI +3.9%

It also informs people that VM's free public wifi hotspot will no longer be available from 1st November 2023.

So the letter is also advising that if you don't agree to the new terms and conditions, or the loss of the free public wifi, that you can cancel within the timescale shown on your communication.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending upon when a customer last renegotiated a deal with VM or joined VM they may not be hit with the April/May 2023 price rises until their current (if any) discounted period ends.

Apart  from this years price increase VM is also changing it's terms and conditions.

The communication also advises that from April/May next year customers will be unable to cancel without paying early termination fees if they are still in contract and are affected by the annual price rise which will be RPI +3.9%

It also informs people that VM's free public wifi hotspot will no longer be available from 1st November 2023.

So the letter is also advising that if you don't agree to the new terms and conditions, or the loss of the free public wifi, that you can cancel within the timescale shown on your communication.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali