cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re contract of Virgin and recorded call is lost

Swan77777
Joining in

I re-contracted yesterday (19 of June 2023) my virgin wifi contract for 18mnths and was told a new price, new terms and some freebies by the retention team. (The contract was cancelled on the 16th)  After I received the contract nothing was stated as agreed.  I phoned up the retention and logged a complaint.  Today VM got back to me and said they will honour anything agreed to on the call.  Guess what the team just phoned me and said the call of yesterday was not recorded.  i feel like they pulling one...the call was made yesterday for a new contract and surely it must be recorded especially when signing a new contract of 18months.

What can I do to get the contract agreed too and secondly how do I request a copy of my own phone call.

Thanks 

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Make a DSAR and request any/all relevant information inc. call recordings

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

If you have any issues obtaining this info in the required timescales, refer to ICO as VM has a past track record of failure in this regard and ICO had been monitoring VM's performance in providing DSAR info.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Make a DSAR and request any/all relevant information inc. call recordings

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

If you have any issues obtaining this info in the required timescales, refer to ICO as VM has a past track record of failure in this regard and ICO had been monitoring VM's performance in providing DSAR info.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Swan77777, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the team were unable to locate the call recording. If it was available then the team would have used this to help with resolving your issue so therefore it's unlikely a DSAR will provide the recording as the same system is used. I can see that goslow has provided the information on how you can do this though 🙂

In the meantime, if the contract was agreed, it does mean you only have 14 days to change your mind so I would advise to revert back to your previous contract otherwise after the 14 days have passed - you'll be locked in to the current new terms which you've said are incorrect and not what you agreed to. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything further from us, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs