Menu
MGenovese
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coaxial cable

You can however buy some good quality coax, some connectors, and extend it, so that you can position the hub in a place that suits you, and before everyone says that you may lose signal and so on, if done well it won't affect your speed, I have extended mine by a good 10 metres when it was originally setup nearly 7 years ago now, and it has never given me any problem, today I have received my Hub 4, and it still works well at over 930Mbps on a LAN port to my laptop.

If you need any help with it PM me or reply here.

0 Kudos
G_hendy
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your response. 

is there any chance you could provide me with a link to the kit I would need to extend it. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

"You can however buy some good quality coax, some connectors, and extend it"
NO YOU CAN'T

"I have extended mine"
Then you have broken the T&C and VM has every right to disconnect the services. If done badly you can affect everyone in your area. you are not insured to do it and VM can charge you to put right any damages including paying the compensation for any downtime
0 Kudos
MGenovese
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

£99?! What a joke, cost me no where close to that, admittedly I had extra official VM cable already, and only had to buy some connectors, but £99?! I'll start a company relocating people's hubs, do you know the money I would make?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@G_hendy wrote:

Hi thanks for your response. 

is there any chance you could provide me with a link to the kit I would need to extend it. 

thanks 

you can't do this. Its against the T&C

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@MGenovese wrote:

£99?! What a joke, cost me no where close to that, admittedly I had extra official VM cable already, and only had to buy some connectors, but £99?! I'll start a company relocating people's hubs, do you know the money I would make?

you'd be illegally modifying VM property. That would be criminal damage.

Do you also expect the plumber to work for free or would you pay them to come and do work for you.

0 Kudos
MGenovese
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In my own house I do as I wish, VM has the rights to the road cable, in my own house no one will tell me what to do, and I don't really care what Virgin Media says, I have always had the top Virgin Media broadband package, as soon as it was available in my area, such as the 1Gbps I have now, I have always paid on time, and if they want to cancel my contract for me relocating my modem in my own house, they can do that, come here, collect their sub-par modem, which I just installed and I am already disappointed with, as the user interface is a load of crap, no difference from the old one, and slower to respond than the old one on Hub 3, which was already crap, they are giving us all 1.15Gbps connections, and not fitting the modem with even 1 2.5Gbps port, which is a joke, and then they want to talk about terms and conditions? The only reason why they tell people not to do this or that, and get an engineer out is that it's not enough how much they rip people off on an 18 months contract, but they want to make even more money by charging people for the most basic of crap, why not say to the customer you get 1 relocation a year free, or at least 1 free relocating of the modem over the duration of the contract, if it's that important to them that they do it why rip people off £99? and let's not talk about the minimum 18 months contract, if a company knows that they are offering the best value to their customer they won't try to lock them in a contract for 18 months, as the customers shouldn't have a reason to leave if your service is that great and good value for money!

Anyhow, I welcome Virgin to cancel my contract any time and come to collect their rubbish modem if that's what they see fir to do in this circumstances!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam wanna clear this up
0 Kudos
MGenovese
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have never paid any trades man in my life to do any work in my house, or on my vehicles,  with the exception of the tyre replacement and MOT, as I don't have the equipment or the VOSA qualification, which is GOVERNMENT compulsory, for the rest I don't pay anyone, and do all the maintenance and repairs job myself, so I would not be starting with Virgin Media, when I am already paying them top dollar for they service...

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you own your car. You do not own the VM network.

Would you also change your electric meter yourself or get the electric company to do it?
0 Kudos