cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate my renewal and how I should proceed

rujur6
Joining in

My current deal ends beginning of November. I have the top volt package (all movies, sports, 2 boxes, 1gig speed etc).

I’m paying £65pm plus £25pm o2. They have offered me the same deal for £75pm. I’m assuming my o2 contract won’t have any fixed term added on top of it and I can cancel that whenever?

Should I take this deal or do the usual I want to cancel process?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's actually a very good deal for the broadband and TV, although it will have the locked-in price escalator early next year.

As for the O2 contract, if you intend to keep the O2 service that shouldn't be a problem but it would be worth checking that the broadband offer isn't conditional. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rujur6 

My general advice is if you are in two minds about a deal then accept it there and then  as most of the time it won't be available if you try on a different call or date.  You can always fall back on the 14  day cooling off period if you change  your mind.

I note you said you have the top Volt package, from what you've listed it's the Ultimate Volt bundle.

You need to be extra careful when negotiating a new deal moving forward,

VM changed their packages on 1st September and TNT Sports is no longer included in any packages, it's now a standalone addon for an extra £18 per month, so new customers or those recontracting/negotiating new deals need to ask for those channels to be included. 

Also the Ultimate Volt bundle now comes with M500 broadband, it's an extra £6 a month for Gig1 broadband.

The extra set top box is no longer included in any VM bundles/tiers.  An additional set top box will now be £10 a month extra, and if you require a 3rd set top box then thats another £5 per month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thats actually quite a good deal for that package bearing in mind the times.

You dont need to keep the O2 SIM to go with that deal.

mikesh
On our wavelength

Seems ok, I was on £60 a month for the same and £25 for o2 (part of Virgin), but cancelled the o2 SIM as soon as 18 months was up switching to Giffgaff (o2) at £10 a month. My new price is £80.75 but make sure they are giving you everything you have including Sky Sports/Movies Ultra. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you cancel O2 you will lose your Volt deal.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

mikesh
On our wavelength

I didn't lose anything when I cancelled o2??