cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Natter :)

Steve1701
Rising star

OK, a bit of random natter here - Feel free to reply to this or post any other gripe you might have, all in fun so no naughty stuff 😂

Right, 1st gripe: What is it with certain channels that are showing the same Series?

5 USA & Sky Witness, are both showing Law & Order: SVU ... But ... Both seem to be showing almost random episodes from random series one after the other:

5 USA - s15e24, s16e1, s15e12, s16e11

Witness - s13e8, s12e3, s12e6, s8e4, s12e7 ....

Can't they pick a series and run it from start to finish? ... Poor Olivia Benson has been up & down the ranks like a demented pogo-sticker.

😋

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LOL, thanks Graham and no, I don't leave my phone anywhere but in the little section that cheerfully charges the thing up for me, it was just the easiest comparison I could come up with while my Daughter was telling me to leave the suave Anton & his attire well alone 😊

Okeys:

Next gripe ... Has anyone else noticed how different the quality of pictures between HD & SD are?

It seems the gap between them both is widening by the day lately ... EG: I've just compared:

ITV1 HD & ITV1 SD, ITV4 HD & ITV4 SD, (among others), for the darts, and the difference between like channels is pronounced, so much so that the SD channels look almost out of focus? ... We ALL know that companies 'want' us viewing in HD ... As do we all ...But I'm sure the SD channels were never this bad before the likes of HD & UHD came along, or maybe we never knew what we were missing lol ... It's as if some boffin sat in a little room somewhere tweaking the 'focus' ..... Makes you wonder 🤔  

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steve1701
Rising star

🤔

And tonights Law & Order: SVU Pick 'n' Mix ...

s13e9, s16e2, s16e3, s15e14 ..... I know there's a lot to air given there's 24 series in all, but I wish they would stick to one series at a time.

Anyhoo, SVU gripe over lol.

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That's just the randomness of present-day TV scheduling for you. Anything goes! Can't recall what the series was now (a recent Nordic-noir crime type thing on Freeview) where a female detective, who was one of the main characters, was killed off mid-way through the series. In the last episode which aired, she miraculously re-appeared again, large as life! Either they had accidentally missed an episode part way through and just stuck it on the end or needed another week's worth of material to fill a gap in the schedule so just added on a missing episode from mid-season right at the end!

Yep @goslow 

It's annoying, pick a series, and stick with it throughout. It makes me laugh (and not in any way humorously) when for all the technology, they can't do the simplest of things. For example:

Catch Up - Have: s16e1, s16e2, & s16e3 on 5 USA. While the full Series 16 is available if you watch it on Sky Witness.

On Demand - Only have S22e5 available.

As for 'Box Sets' ... Apparently, VM has only ONE episode (s22e5) in the Law & Order: SVU box ... It's laughable !

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

OK ...

Sat in my Daughters (big Strictly fans) ... When I saw this and just had to ask her to pause the picture ...

Is it just me here ...

Or does this blokes jacket look like it's made from that non-slip mat you can get to stop your mobile phone etc from sliding off your dashboard? 😕

Non-slip jacket.jpg

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well Anton is a 'non slip' sort of chap. As for mobiles on dashboards I wouldn't know, not worth risking the fine and penalty points on the licence.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LOL, thanks Graham and no, I don't leave my phone anywhere but in the little section that cheerfully charges the thing up for me, it was just the easiest comparison I could come up with while my Daughter was telling me to leave the suave Anton & his attire well alone 😊

Okeys:

Next gripe ... Has anyone else noticed how different the quality of pictures between HD & SD are?

It seems the gap between them both is widening by the day lately ... EG: I've just compared:

ITV1 HD & ITV1 SD, ITV4 HD & ITV4 SD, (among others), for the darts, and the difference between like channels is pronounced, so much so that the SD channels look almost out of focus? ... We ALL know that companies 'want' us viewing in HD ... As do we all ...But I'm sure the SD channels were never this bad before the likes of HD & UHD came along, or maybe we never knew what we were missing lol ... It's as if some boffin sat in a little room somewhere tweaking the 'focus' ..... Makes you wonder 🤔  

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

laramie4303
Dialled in

Aha!   Found it.   I was clicking on the Help Forum at the bottom of the screen and not the one at the top.   But I found it.   Good to be here.     So, what have I missed the past few weeks?   

I noticed the Law and Order episode wierdness as well - and that I find the same ones on different channels days apart.   

About a year after Law and Order also became Law and Order SVU and then Law and Order CSI, Saturday NIght Live did a whole thing when Eddie Murphy was the Guest Host (he's brilliant), on Law and Order UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).    It was hilarious.

Well ...

They're at it again with random episodes 🙄

Tonight we have -  s13e17, s18e7, s13e8, s16e18, s16e19 ...

I did start jotting down what series/episodes I'd watched, but the numbers look as the chaotic series/episodes schedule. So while I could probably use my notes to prove time travel is possible through a wormhole, I'm buggered if I know where I am with Law & Order: SVU.

😂😋😂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

OK ...

Just to get off the 'power outage' rants for a second or two ...

Has anyone else noticed that on practically EVERY American cop show, the Officer always shouts who they are, while still around 30 yards from the one they're after? ..... Wouldn't you think they would get as close as possible before opening their mouths ???

Granted, the majority of shows would only run for about 15 mins without the chases, or maybe they get a bonus for running?

😂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus