cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Virgin media van parking too close to driveway.

AppyDroid2007
Joining in

I have a continuous issue with a Virgin media van parking too close and overhanging the dropped kerb on the driveway which makes leaving and entering the driveway safely an issue, Our street is too narrow to see whats coming up or if pedestrians are walking by on entering the driveway, i litterally have almost been hit a few times leaving the property as i cant see a thing, the van doesnt fit in the space in front of house, and is parked well over the courtesy H bar markings and is overhanging the dropped curb which is a parking violation, its Obvious it would cause an issue and there are other spaces to park on the street, the driver has a driveway large enough to park the van and other vehicles, however its causing an issue getting parked up and the safety reasons it shouldent be parked like this. I would rather the issue be resolved before it is escalated to the local authorities which will ticket it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AppyDroid2007 wrote:

I have a continuous issue with a Virgin media van parking too close and overhanging the dropped kerb on the driveway which makes leaving and entering the driveway safely an issue, Our street is too narrow to see whats coming up or if pedestrians are walking by on entering the driveway, i litterally have almost been hit a few times leaving the property as i cant see a thing, the van doesnt fit in the space in front of house, and is parked well over the courtesy H bar markings and is overhanging the dropped curb which is a parking violation, its Obvious it would cause an issue and there are other spaces to park on the street, the driver has a driveway large enough to park the van and other vehicles, however its causing an issue getting parked up and the safety reasons it shouldent be parked like this. I would rather the issue be resolved before it is escalated to the local authorities which will ticket it. 

Have you made contact with whoever is driving the van and explained the problem to them?

I have had to deal with exactly the same problem in the last couple of weeks with a vehicle from a neighbouring property blocking my drive/dropped kerb. Couldn't identify the driver/neighbour so put a (polite) note on the windscreen and haven't had the problem since.

If no luck via that route, next step is via your local authority if they deal with civil parking enforcement (cpe contravention code 27 for parking across a driveway entrance). Even better evidence of a problem if you have H bars across the drive. Highway code rule 243 applies.

If you find yourself blocked in your drive (and can't get out) try your local police as that would be obstructing your vehicle getting on/off the carriageway.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

If it's driven by one of your neighbours have you spoken to him and explained the problem, if you have what was the response.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AppyDroid2007 wrote:

Have you made contact with whoever is driving the van and explained the problem to them?

I have had to deal with exactly the same problem in the last couple of weeks with a vehicle from a neighbouring property blocking my drive/dropped kerb. Couldn't identify the driver/neighbour so put a (polite) note on the windscreen and haven't had the problem since.

If no luck via that route, next step is via your local authority if they deal with civil parking enforcement (cpe contravention code 27 for parking across a driveway entrance). Even better evidence of a problem if you have H bars across the drive. Highway code rule 243 applies.

If you find yourself blocked in your drive (and can't get out) try your local police as that would be obstructing your vehicle getting on/off the carriageway.