cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ITV?

chrispy1
Dialled in

I have a series link set for Midsomer Murders but it didn’t record last night. It shows that it’s set in the settings but the symbol isn’t showing on the guide.

Also on the ITV sections on the guide there is no catch up symbol on any programs. 
Is there a problem with the ITV channels?

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your series link set to record new only or new and reruns?  Yesterday's episode was a repeat so would not be recorded if set to new only.

Catch up for ITV is now available via the ITVX app .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No it was set to recorded everything.

But that wouldn't explain why the catch up icons isn't in the guide and just the ITV channels. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As explained above ITV catch-up can only be accessed via the ITV X app.  It is no longer linked to from the TV guide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the reply. 

When was this change to ITV catch up? I've not seen anything about it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ITV OnDemand has used ITV-X for a few months now, but if you have a V6 box the EPG integration still works. It's only on the TiVo which doesn't have the app, that ITV OnDemand has now been removed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts On my V6 the catch-up icon does not appear in the EPG for the ITV channels.  However, if I go to info > Explore this show there is the option to Get from On Demand