cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price

John2021
On our wavelength

Hi , I am at the end of my contract and virgin are going to charge me nearly £80 for 50 mb broadband , tv mix+ and 24/7 free phone calls , I have been offered 100 channels and normal tv package ie , free weekend calls with 50 mb broadband for £45 , who thinks that’s a good offer .

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi John2021 

Only you can decide if that's a decent offer and price you are willing to pay.

The current standard monthly pricing for M50 broadband and weekend calls is £45 - it would normally cost extra to add TV channels to that package,  so it sounds like you've been given a  special retentions offer.

Your current Mix TV tier is no longer sold, so the TV pack VM are proposing to add is called Mixit, you wouldn't have access to a lot of your current channels.

You can compare  the channels on the following page /ChannelGuide_July_23_4.pdf 

The obsolete Mix tier is in column 2 and the new Mixit tier is in column 4.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John2021
On our wavelength

Well , if that is the best they can offer I am gone , it’s ripoff, I am on the lowest you can get 

@John2021 wrote:

Well , if that is the best they can offer I am gone , it’s ripoff, I am on the lowest you can get 

A ripoff compared to what?

Under £1.50 a day for access to the whole internet is pretty good when you think about it, never mind the other addons.

What else do you spend £1.50 a day on that could be a 'ripoff'?

You are correct Dave , I shall see what others offer , I believe I can do better .

Having looked at other offers , it is expensive , that is how you compare to see if it’s a fair charge or not , we have just got others in the area supplying services and they are offering faster for less and I have looked into it by talking to people that have switched , who tell me it’s very good .

If another company offers 100 mb for £25 with phone calls and is reliable , then that is what you compare it to .