Menu
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor service when you've asked to leave

Is it par for the course that the levels of service drop now that I've asked to leave? TV rarely available at first startup and I have to keep rebooting and the wifi is forever dropping out! It's driving me mad.

Don't know why I'm surprised though. I've been with them from the very beginning (and NTL before then too) but when I asked why I was being expected to pay £75.50 for a package that a new customer would only pay £47.99 for they were not the slightest bit interested in keeping me as a customer. They said they could reduce it by £12 (which was the amount they were increasing my bill by) and that customer loyalty bonuses were no longer a thing. I did ask why there was such a big difference but was told I was already on the best existing customer package there was. When I disagreed with that statement and said perhaps my best option was to leave they immediately started the disconnection process. Clearly VM do not value customer loyalty whatsoever.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service when you've asked to leave

what you are seeing will have nothing to do with you asking to leave.
whether it's believable or not, it's pure coincidence.

however you were offered a £12pm reduction, which you refused. whatever a new customer is getting is not relevant to you, you are not a new customer. loyalty is a two way process and you haven't shown any loyatly either. you said your best option was to leave to they actioned that for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow!
I think being a customer for over 20 years is showing a modicum of loyalty
In my opinion, I think what new customers are being charged IS of relevance to me
I don't live in Glasgow so the speed test you have included is irrelevant
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

20 years yeah, but the minute the price isn't to your liking you are off, that isn't the definition of loyalty.

you are not a new customer so the price isn't relevant to you.
when you move to a new ISP (which i assume is what you are actually doing) you will get a new customer price. after 12 or 18 months (whatever the minimum term is) you'll revert to the full price.

and the speedtest you are seeing is nothing to do with your post, it's part of my signature.

0 Kudos
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you always this rude to people?

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

there has been nothing rude, to date.
just because you don't like the response you get doesn't make it rude.
however, you reap what you sow.

I'm sure whatever provider you choose to move to will give you a good new customer deal.