Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Poor Service and customer care

Is anyone else totally appalled by the treatment they have received from virgin media and their total lack of assistance due to issues they have caused. I'm at my wits end. Never been so disappointed by a company. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Service and customer care

many are. many aren't.
vote with your wallet - often the best response to poor service.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Well, almost every post across the forums and social media references how bad the customer service is as part of the question, so I'd lean more towards "many are". 

In terms of the OP: If you're dissatisfied you have the option to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to respond to your complaint and following that you can appeal and take it further to CISAS or another independent adjudicator. I'd recommend filing a complaint partly because it's seemingly the only way to put on record what your issue is and also because these complaints (and whether they're successfully resolved) do form part of OFCOM's annual report which affects what Virgin can say about their service. 

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:

Well, almost every post across the forums and social media references how bad the customer service is as part of the question, so I'd lean more towards "many are". 

of course, you can't judge anything on solely reading forum and/or social media posts, as people with no issues tend not to shout about it.
the data pool is always going to be skewed if those are the only 2 sources you use.

"many are" as i said, but it makes no claims as to what percentage of the customer base is "many".

some people get the calls answered quickly, some don't.
some people get their issues resolved quickly, some don't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

That's a fair point spgray...except we have actual tanglible evidence taken from people that don't have reason to shout about it. That's all contained in OFCOM's report on Comparing Customer Service: Mobile, Home Broadband and Landline.

A large pool of people were surveyed (except if I recall for one answer re: Virgin mobile where the pool was too low to be used). In terms of broadband Virgin came bottom in 3 out of 5 categories. Bottom in 2/5 in mobile phone and bottom in 2/5 in landline.  For all of those OFCOM note that Virgin were "statistically significantly worse than the sector average at the 95% confidence level"

So, if we bring in that data pool...it seems that "many are" finding the customer service poor....46% in fact which is significantly worse than the sector average. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

stats are complex matter, one can conclude from your ofcom data that the majority aren't find the service poor, only a minority are (a sizeable minority, but still a minority).

no-one is here (apart from the virgin staff obviously) to champion the brand, and clearly customer service is poor. however lets not include people who have a gripe or complaint that isn't justifiable in the those that find the service poor. a lot of complaints submitted will be frivelous and rejected out of hand, a lot will be valid

the complaints process should be used for valid complaints. filling it up with nonsense complaints doesn't help anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I completely disagree. The ability to complain forms one of the pillars of consumerism and is enshrined within Virgin’s terms and conditions. 

It is not up to you, or me to say what is justifiable. What may seem frivolous to you could be causing untold misery to someone else. Regardless it is a consumer’s right to file a complaint. To suggest otherwise does them a huge disservice. 

It can also be the catalyst for change. Following Three’s poor showing in terms of wait times in the recent OFCOM report they changed the company contracted to run their call centres. 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

i wasn't denying the right for anyone to complain, but it should at least be a valid complaint and not just a means to rant and moan.
the right to file a complaint does not equate to it being listened to or dealt with to the complainers satisfaction though. frivilous and invalid complaints will be, quite rightly, rejected out of hand.

Three are still outsourcing most of the CS, so it may end up no better than before.i was using the Three CS today, via the online chat, i was in an initial queue of 4 to get to speak to a "triage" person, and then passed on to another queue of 34 for the dept i needed to speak to. wait time for at least 30 minutes from starting to getting to speak to the correct dept - both people i spoke to were clearly in a non-UK call centre.

30 minutes was no big deal for me though as i was doing other stuff whilst i was waiting. other people might have found the 30 minutes totally unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

In the latest data released today, Virgin aren't doing too badly in terms of broadband, but they top the list of complaints regarding TV.

The complaints are primarily based around customer service issues (complaint handling, billing etc)

"Virgin Media has returned to being the most complained about pay TV provider in the UK, with most of the gripes against them being related to complaints handling (49%). The other main drivers were issues relating to billing, pricing and charges (24%)"

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/11/isp-talktalk-tops-ofcom-broadband-complaints-table-for...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

This is true although they're still below the market average in category.

Important addendum: that report is purely people who have complained directly to OFCOM. Other reports such as the annual one draw their data from a much larger statisitcal pool and look at complaints to service providers which will be much higher.

0 Kudos