Menu
umarishaq
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor Customer Service

I joined Virgin in August 2019 and at the time of signing the contract I opted for my 15+ years old landline number to be ported over as well, but after days passing my number did not get ported over and I started calling Virgin, went on online help chat but to date nothing has happened, no one has bothered to call and explain why not! I was advised by Virgin to keep my BT contract active till they manage to port my number but nothing happened! Now BT is chasing me for charges and arrears while VIRGIN has made a joke of my complaints! Worst company ever to have dealt with! Taking legal advice for stress, inconvenience, financial loss to say the least! OFCOM will be getting a detailed complaint including all the screen shots of the last 10 months nightmare customer service I've experienced!

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer Service

Hi umarishaq,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that you're had some problems porting your number from BT to ourselves.

Can you please confirm that the number is still active with BT and no disconnection is booked?

Did you provide all the correct details to our team for the number transfer to complete?

Let us know and we can help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
umarishaq
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had requested the number porting at the time of signing my contract in August 2019, I have copy of contract to prove number porting was selected!

It did not happen so I called Virgin and they advised me to keep the BT contract active and extend it till virgin completes the number porting but still nothing happened! Now BT is chasing me for cost/charges/arrears occurred due to VIRGIN'S advise and still virgin failed to port my 15+ year old landline number! I have been requesting help online for months but everytime they take my details and that's it! Haven't seen such poor customer service and un-professionalism in my life! 

So no my number not ported, obviously had to cancel BT line eventually as I was paying for TWO service providers! 

Now I am taking legal advice for the stress, inconvenience and financial loss and burden I have been put through by VIRGIN'S incompetence!

I will be sharing my nightmare and VIRGIN'S attitude with OFCOM and all forums to show VIRGIN'S real face to the public!

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you are taking the legal action you may be advised to not post anything on any forum, as it may adversely affect your case.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like something hasn't quite gone right with the number port, but I'd need to look at your account to be able to understand this. 

Please send me a private message if you're wanting to me to look in to this, or if you're wanting to follow your own route, then just let me know.

If you're wanting to raise a complaint, you can follow our complaints code of practice here which I can also help with.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos