Menu
camtra
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

PRICE INCREASE

So Virgin is increasing packages by £3.50 from 1st March..........

Great when they can rip customers off but then can decide midway through a contract you can cancel for free 😮

Great then I will be unless you stand by the binding contract you are in with from Cisas lol

If not then I am sure the other companies that have better deals with be greatfull to have my business after all the **bleep**e I have had to endure over the past 2 years!!!

spacecowboy831
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: PRICE INCREASE

I agreed a new contract on the 12 December where I get a discount for 18 months will this be honoured. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

should be but vm can put up prices ints int he terms of the contract. But they often don't put them up for new contracts taken after a date. so you may be safe
0 Kudos
Sussexradio
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I renewed my contract in October  at a reduced rate for 18 months just had email price increase from 1st March £4.50 per month

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Link ispreview.co.uk 

We asked Virgin Media about the impact upon recent sign-ups to their service. According to the provider, “customers who are already on one of our new bundles (as of 29 June last year) will not receive a cable price increase.”

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes the BBC reports the increase as well  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55529291 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Sussexradio wrote:

I renewed my contract in October  at a reduced rate for 18 months just had email price increase from 1st March £4.50 per month

The information page linked to in the price change email makes a clear statement regarding current deals. https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/PriceChange2020/Broadband

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I love the fact they refer to customer service on that page, "All while sorting out any questions or issues our customers have, quickly and efficiently". I don't think many here would share that view of VM customer service. 

Arfa_Daily
Dialled in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

"We know a price rise is never welcome, but we’re constantly investing in our network to make sure you can keep doing everything you love online, on more devices. To help us continue this work, the price of your package will go up by £4.00 a month from 1st March"

Why should I have to pay for Virgin to 'invest' in their network ? That should be down to them to attract new customers. It is utterly wrong of them to keep putting these large price increases onto existing (and long-standing and loyal)  customers under the pretence that they are somehow improving the service that we are already paying for.

They always try to claim that they are adding more channels or services that we have not asked for. Now they are trying to tell me that they maintain the broadband speed that I am already paying for as though this is some major achievement. It isn't. It is THEIR network not mine and I would expect nothing less than for it to consistently deliver the service that I am already paying for.

And "service and repairs at no extra cost" ? I would hope not. There has never been any charge for this as Virgin very well know. The cost per month is high enough to easily cover the cost of an occasional bit of tech support.

"Top entertainment at your fingertips. With brilliant Virgin TV, it’s easy to jump straight to the telly you love, without spending ages searching" ? What are you saying, Virgin ? That your EPG works and so does your clunky search features ? Big news here folks, So do they on everyone else's platform and they don't try to push it as a justification to increase price ...

So no. Your price increase is not welcome. A pound or two ? Maybe. But another four pounds when everyone in the country is currently struggling to even put food on the table ? Not on my friends, not on ...

0 Kudos
camtra
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Dear Mr Richard Branson,  

Could you  justify this price increase in your own words without using fandangled wording or do you ignore all of your so called "loyal customers" that have had your services for many years?

Or are you really covering your ass with the extra losses you are making from less flights??

Or less people staying at your luxurious hotels??

And as someone has pointed with covid and many people struggling just now and are now put in a further lockdown is this really needed and you cannot postpone the increase at least until July 2021?

I wonder if Mr Branson would even read such things from a company he part owns??

Or maybe he is living somewhere very exotic not giving a toss about working class customers that are probably the majority of his clients.

Myself who posted this after another email I received at 7.57am 4th January 2021 stating they have been trying to get in contact with me (I honestly can state no they have not) and I am still awaiting a response from yesterday.

Would be great to make this viral for the eyes of Mr Branson and try to get a reaction and statement from him not one of his monkeys saying what I have asked and if anyone else would like to add questions lets do this as after all what else will the majority of Britain be doing for now until at least the end of January apart from staying home!!

0 Kudos