Menu
CathG1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Outside cable

Hello. The cable leading to my house was just run along the side of my driveway under a very shallow covering of gravel and is now exposed. It is odd having a visible cable running along the ground from the road to my house - that can't be right, can it? I know there are more serious things in life to be worried about, but it is irritating (as well as a possible tripping hazard).  Who should I contact about this to see if it can be sorted out? Thanks.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outside cable

it's not out of the ordinary.
you have two options

1) cover the cable yourself
2) attempt to get someone out to dig a trench and cover it about an inch further down that it currently is.

remember that virgin won't dig tarmac, paving, bricks etc, they only dig "loose" ground (grass, gravel etc).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
CathG1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It is on loose ground so I'm puzzled why the engineers didn't put it in a shallow narrow trench. Any idea how to contact the engineering team at Virgin to see if they'll take a look at it? Sadly I didn't see how the engineers had done it on the day otherwise I'd have raised it with them then.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

call customer services and report the issue and see if they'll send someone out.
however, unless it's an immediate health & safety risk i'd put this down as a low priority job whilst we are under strict lockdown.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
CathG1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. I agree it's not an urgent matter - just something to get sorted in due course. 

0 Kudos