Menu
Jab_Cross_Hook
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

On a rolling contract - entitled to new customer prices?

Recently signed a new long-term tenancy which gives me the security to have a long term tv and broadband contract.

Been on a rolling broadband-only one month contract with virgin for almost 6 months now.

Can I secure a new customer price for a long term contract or will I have to leave for another provider?

Cheers

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On a rolling contract - entitled to new customer prices?

As you are out of contract you are in a good place to negotiate a new deal. You may not get the new customer price but might get close to it, or a better package even for the same or less.

So, call in free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - follow options 1,1,4,4, "thinking of leaving" – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Explain that you have seen better deals elsewhere and are considering changing supplier and see what they can offer you. They will be keen to keep you and get you to start a new 18 month contract so see what they can offer. Note it can vary from day to day and from agent to agent - so you can always just say no thanks and leave the call and call again on another day and see if it changes.

Some say they cancelled and then were called back before the termination date by the retentions dep. with a much better offer - but that's a dangerous game of Russian roulette - if you really do want to stay 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos