Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Omni box / Cable Security

I've been wondering if there is a more secure version of the Omnibox available and a means of protecting the incoming exposed cables?

The reason I ask, in this day of internet based home security products such as alarms, cameras etc etc if the incoming cable connections are accessible any 'wanna be' thieves could easily disconnect the cables to disable the internet connection which means you loose that mobile security notification advantage.

There must be a way of making those connections, exposed cables etc more secure / more difficult to access. Sometimes its about making it less attractive to disable rather than preventing it completely.

Any ideas?

Is there something already available?

Has anyone already managed to make the box and connections more secure?

I hope this all makes sense 😁

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Omni box / Cable Security

if you rely on the internet for your security system then you need to look at a better system

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response.

I appreciate the extent of the reliance as such. I was just wanting to help secure one of the options I have to a better extent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

plenty of DIY options you can install. you can install a metal box around it but not something VM will do

Also remember only use wired connections wifi can be jammed. And 2.4ghz i can just kick off any device i want selectively or as a whole.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks