cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure how many have recently left Virgin

Petro1head
Tuning in

After 2 hours on the phone to Virgin reps around the world, yep it was a world tour, UK, Ireland, India, Philippines, Mauritius and finally back to Ireland just to cancel my service.  I had just come out of contract paying £47 per month for their 300Mb package with phone and the new price was £63 per month. Each time they tried and failed to offer a better deal, in fact some of the deals were worse that if I was a new customer.

I have heard it said that if you want a great deal you need to be brave and cancel your account.  This was not my objective as as soon as I was unable to get a good deal I left and signed up with Firbreconnect.

Guess what, a couple days later I get a personal letter from Virgin offering their 500Mb package for £30 per month!

I found this insulting as I have been with Virgin for 17 years and if they had wanted to keep me they should have offered that deal while I was on the phone, NOT after I had cancelled.

10 REPLIES 10

sooby1969
On our wavelength

My father and I have also been with Virgin Media over 20 years each. I have just moved to the Volt, which is a pretty good deal. However, struggling to get a decent deal for my 83 year old dad. He's been paying £65 a month for just BB and talk anytime telephone. And the speed they currently supply him with is diabolical, they should be embarrassed charging him! I'm ringing them constantly, talking to someone sporadically on here, but it's useless. I've got my own post going on called 'taking advantage of the elderly'. What's happened to what was once a good company?