Menu
y55en
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media estate but just over my garden they have it

I live in an area which has all the other providers of broadband (sky, bt talktalk and lesser) which claim to offer "fibre broadband" but the speeds that they advertise "up to 67Mbps" don't cut it for me as they barely reach 40Mbps on a good day. I saw that for some reason virgin media isn't my estate yet checking the postcode of the houses just outside it on the main road and one thats right behind my garden wall, they have access to virgin media 600Mbps+ package. God knows why my area hasn't had virgin media since before i even moved in about 6 years ago now. I did enquire their customer services and emailed them but they fail to give any actual answer.

So tl:dr, virgin is unavailable in my estate and hasn't been since i moved in about 6 years ago but just over the wall behind my house they all have high speed virgin media available. Are there some policies involved which might not let them roll out their lines? Does BT have some sort of exclusivity to this area? postcode in question SL38WQ and where they have it is SL3 8AZ. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media estate but just over my garden they have it

Hi there,

I will PM you for more details

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos