Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No telephone

Hello i don't have a home phone and my mobile won't send texts. How else can I contact virgin media as I have just received wifi boosters and a new hub but am still getting slow speeds even after following vm step by step help guide online. I already feel low after having to self isolate then cant get in touch with anyone from virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No telephone

what speeds do you get wired.
That is the first step to make sure you are getting the speeds to the hub

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got my pc at home. All I got tech wise is a tablet and mobile. Although I do have an old laptop running xp 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM doesn't guarantee any speeds over wifi. That would be down to you. Wifi can be effected by the 1000's of factors outside anyone's control.

Soe of the big ones are...
Interference.
The device you are using
other people using wifi int he area
Other devices not the same frequencies
Construction of the house

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its got to boiling point ! For a number of years yes years we have had no phone connection we had a repair carried out to a damaged cable  some years ago the VM engineer said he was unable to repair the cable for phone as it needed a pull through i have explained this to vm and i have asked if i can have the phone removed from my package they explained it would cost more as it was part of a package deal this i understand  but  why the hell should i carry on paying for a service they are not providing and not that i would  use it much and the icing on the cake came a few months ago when there was an extra charge on my bill for a phone call to a premium number it was only a £1 but  impossible for it to have been made without a line  but you work out a charge of £1 to a million customers  every month. And the 100 mbps on my package is never any where near that 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shifty67, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry you're unhappy with your service and deal with Virgin Media. I'd like to take a closer look to see why we've not actioned the repull.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos