Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No support for vulnerable customers

Stay away from Virgin Media if you have had a change to your circumstances and find yourself vulnerable and in need of support/understanding, all this awful company want is your money, they do not care about anything else.  I have been with Virgin for 12 months and felt pressured into accepting a new BASIC contract for over £68 a month which is shocking. Citizens Advice advised that the 14 day cooling off period starts the day after a new contract is agreed (started 22/02/20) so my 14 days started on the 23/02 and thus made today (08/03) day 14. Despite this, Virgin claim their cooling off period starts on the same day the new contract was agreed and they will NOT let me cancel despite explaining I cannot afford the monthly fee of £68 and informing them that I can't even afford to pay rent and have received notice seeking possession from my landlord. They offered to cancel my contract with a hefty early disconnection fee of over £500! Which considering my situation, isn't helpful and puts me in even more crippling debt.  They suggested reducing my package too but I don't have any add ons for them to remove and they have offered me Freeview TV at over £55 a month which is extortionate and really really unhelpful. I explained that I tried to call yesterday (within cooling off period) but conveniently kept being disconnected till I gave up and rang today where I was snottily told I was outside this cooling off period. I don't know what to do now because virgin are literally forcing me into debt and refuse to even consider helping me manage. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS THEY WILL NOT HELP AT ALL. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No support for vulnerable customers

Hi Trish1609,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you've had this experience. It is correct that our 14-day cooling off period would begin from the date of the install or when the change in service took effect, if the change in service took effect on the 22nd of Feb then it would be 14 days from this date. You can find out more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

However I can also appreciate the circumstances that you have also explained and I'd like to help with this, so I'll send a PM shortly.

Cheers,

Corey C