Menu
JohnWelch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No response from Virgin despite sending Text response requested

Following a service visit following a complaint about intermittent loss of broadband for a few seconds, but long enough to be logged out of connections, received a letter to see if Complaint could be closed. Followed advice on saying No.  Texted number with Compliant Reference.  Followed instructions last Thursday and it said I had been put through to the right department but there may be a wait for a response.  Still waiting early 96 hours later!   Does not appear to be anyway to get them to speak to them.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No response from Virgin despite sending Text response requested

Ignoring the complaint process for now....

Did you seek technical help on these fora to help diagnose and fix your issue without resorting to the useless VM CS "machine".

If not, whilst you wait for a return response (you will have time on your hands) why not post on the Networking & Wifi forum describing in more detail what the issue is, whether it is happening on both wired/wifi connections, what VM equiment/package do you have, what devices are you connecting on, etc

If you didnt already do it, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in complaints discussions with VM.

If you just see a wall of "red" then your Hub is not accepting the "pings" - make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JohnWelch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have over a number of service engineer visits been told that the issue is probably a problem in the virgin box outside my house, which is in a poor state of repair.  They report it to Virgin and then nothing happens.  

was cut off by Virgin last night after having been put on hold for over 40 minutes.  No explanation just call terminated.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call in again -- 08.00 sharp is the best time - it may still take a while to get through- although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you. Just say you want to cancel unless your issue is sorted once and for all.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.