Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No deals for long time customers

Hi, Im new to this so sorry if there is already a thread.  After 4 calls to VM cust service today trying to get discount on my package before it ends I got through to ‘Romeo’ in s far off call centre who laughingly told me he could not take my discount off???  I said what are you talking about? I wd like some deal please!  He did not understand or follow the conversation and just kept repeating what package I have.  Is this now standard treatment?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No deals for long time customers

why do you think you should get a "deal"?
you've already had your "new customer deal" with expires when your minimum term expires. you then revert to the standard advertised price - you knew that when you signed up.

you can try and negiotiate better price by renewing your contract, but you won't get the same as a new customer. other options is to take your business elsewhere and get a new customer deal there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I did not realise I was still a new customer after 20 years with VM, but thank you for your input, I dont think this support site will be beneficial to me as you have just demonstrated

jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

spgray has given you the correct answer. to add to that - that is the way many businesses work. cheap prices for new customers to groom them in. the only way to keep on top of it is to change every provider every year.
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lexi261,

You won't get a new customer price, but you can certainly re-negotiate a new deal.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you aren't happy with the prices offered then contact Retentions (thinking of leaving us) instead.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you could cancel or close your account and get another person to sign up to VM and can then get new customer deals and you can get a few good deals but if you up grade you have to pay install even if its a free install to new customer witch i don't get.

Hope that helps Lexi.
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Of course it helps - and naturally VM aren't wise to that one and so will go along with it - I don't think!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Sambathedog2020 wrote:
you could cancel or close your account and get another person to sign up to VM and can then get new customer deals

it would need to a totally random person, as if they have the same surname then virgin aren't that stupid to realise what you are trying.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I did not realise I was still a new customer after 20 years with VM, but thank you for your input, I dont think this support site will be beneficial to me as you have just demonstrated

i didn't say you were, but 20 years ago you go a new customer deal.

funny how people say support isn't beneficial to them when they don't get the answer they actually want.

0 Kudos
Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So please explain how you can do it with all the other suppliers and i talk from experience whats so special about VM?

I Would say its the name on account that pays them they are not going to be bothered about the surname as i know several people whom live in the same house and have the same surname and not once have thy been refused on any deals!
0 Kudos