Menu
CS16
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Newbie needs redirecting...

Hi..  I'll soon be moving to a non-VM cabled area (allegedly) however, having researched, it seems the village in question is on a 2016 list of 'the 30 next places to be cabled' in the country.  Which was nice.

So...how/where do I check progress?  In other words; Can anyone tell me the best board on VMCommunity  to ask about this. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newbie needs redirecting...

This board is as good as any. But I will tell you now. Staff here will only be able to give you estimates if anything at all. VM are constantly revising the build programme, & in some areas are well short of where they forecast they would be.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

also are you sure the list was for VM and not a list of BT

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
CS16
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
CS16
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response...

I'm not after anything definitive, just seeking some confirmation/reassurance that the area in question (S73) is still being considered in any potential expansion plans.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Renan_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CS16,

Welcome to our community. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thank you for considering Virgin Media as your service provider. Have you already registered your interest via Cable My Street? Just click here, and register. You'll get any updates as and when we get any. Get any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same link and this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning.

Hope this information helps. If you need anything just keep us posted.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
CS16
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response...however, it seems to be an automated pre-programmed answer that directs me to a page that I have already checked to find that I cannot receive VM at my forthcoming address, as per my original post. (Incidentally the link doesn't work, ending on a blank page after inputting postcode)
Obviously, I cannot canvass neighbours as I don't live there yet.
My question was, and remains, where can I check CURRENT progress/plans for new property given that the area was mooted to be cabled by the end of next year? Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CS16,

I have sent you a private message to request some details from you so we can check the build plans.

Thanks,

David

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos