cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New package offer

mattlfcx6
Tuning in

Keep getting a call from Virgin offering me a new package, as a one time offer but when I ask them to send me all the details in black and white ie email,etc they are very reluctant to do so. They want me to accept the offer there and then without giving me the chance to review it fully first. Anyone got some thoughts on the matter 🤔 

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@mattlfcx6 wrote:

Keep getting a call from Virgin offering me a new package, as a one time offer but when I ask them to send me all the details in black and white ie email,etc they are very reluctant to do so. They want me to accept the offer there and then without giving me the chance to review it fully first. Anyone got some thoughts on the matter 🤔 

That's how VM likes to do business! 'Deals' are 'of the moment'.

Needless to say, the fact that the arrangements are conducted exclusively via a phone call means that the advantages are stacked in VM's favour.

Ideally record any comm's yourself, if you can, for evidence of what was offered.

If you can't do that, get the agent to repeat back exactly all the features on offer, discounts, fixed pricing etc. etc.

VM is supposed to record sales calls and customers are supposed to be able to access these via a DSAR but, again, you are at the mercy of VM to do this (in either completing the DSAR and/or recording the call)

If it all works as it is supposed to, you should get the deal offered. There are, however, far too many topics on the forums where the deal that comes through was not what was offered in which case you have to go through the steps to fight VM for what you thought you were getting or to cancel the deal (neither of which VM makes easy).