New line install

Image.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Line install

Can someone tell me what I can do about getting virgin to extend service into my street there are houses within 20m of my house which can get it but I cannot  I have already messaged the cable my street several times with no reply 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line install

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New line install

Sorry to ask, but what's the real query here? Are you asking if there's any chance of getting your home cabled?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am asking if I can get cabled I've went through the website several times to find out but never got a response I've done a diagram to show how close I am to cabled homes, I spoke to an engineer working nearby a while ago he came and had a look and said it wouldnt be much of a job for vm to carry out, just wondering how I go about requesting where I can actually get an answer and hopefully the ball rolling to get it installed , I've just went out of contact with bt and my charge has rocketed so I'm hoping to switch to vm 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have seen so many posts relating to this on here, it's an unknown quantity which I don't think virgin know the answer to themselves, certainly don't cancel any existing services.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't see any VM cabinets about here only BT cabinets

Google map https://bit.ly/34TA3ro 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought... VM got pilloried a year or two ago by Watchdog, etc for "Oversubscribing" areas leading to poor connections for many people and lots and lots of complaints. They were "made" to stop the practice by by Ofcom & fines (I think) - so in currently maxed out areas they cannot accept new subscribers.
I have no idea if that's the case with you... and as Micky says.... the chances of getting a definitive answer on the reason from VM are slim.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi J03ANDERSON,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've not yet received any updates. Our helpful community members have already provided the correct info, but I'd like to confirm a couple of things for you.

First of all, our Cable My Street site is to register your interest in our services. The purpose of this is so that we can inform you of services coming to your area. If you've not heard anything, this is because there's no new information to give. I can assure you, however, that your details are on our system and we'll be sure to shout about any local network expansion.

It could well be the case that we've reached capacity in your area, or it could be that there are construction issues which would make it difficult or expensive to install. I'm afraid we wouldn't usually have access to specific reasons that any particular properties are unserviceable.

Our sales team may have an estimated time frame for expansion down your street, but we can't guarantee whether it's been assessed. You're welcome to give them a call on 08009528046 so they can check for any estimates. You may be able to arrange a spotter (local engineer) to check for any plausible cabling routes. Other than that, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until we get in touch.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

On your side of the road VM is offering service only up to No 47, so you are certainly missing out. Curiously I don't see any pavement tees outside those houses which can get service.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos